CVS Health Opens 21 New Drive-Thru Test Sites in Indiana as Part of Nationwide COVID-19 Response
WOONSOCKET, R.I., May 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Building on the company’s comprehensive efforts to help slow the spread of the virus, on Friday, May 22 CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) will open 21 new COVID-19 test sites at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations across Indiana. The opening of additional test sites across the state and country will be announced by the end of the month.
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests and mark the next phase of the company’s nationwide COVID-19 testing strategy, announced April 27. CVS Health expects to have up to 1,000 locations across the country offering this service by the end of May, with the goal of processing up to 1.5 million tests per month, subject to availability of supplies and lab capacity. The 21 test sites in Indiana are part of nearly 350 locations across 14 states including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas.
«While the large-scale test sites we’ve been operating since early April have proven successful, this new approach allows us to utilize our presence in communities across the country and bring testing closer to home,» said Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO, CVS Health. «Our frontline employees will continue to play a critical role in the testing process, with members of their communities directly benefitting from their dedication and selflessness.»
Once fully operational, more than half of the company’s 1,000 test sites will serve communities with the greatest need for support, as measured by the CDC’s Social Vulnerability Index. The index tracks a variety of census variables including poverty, lack of access to transportation, and crowded housing that may weaken a community’s ability to prepare for and recover from hazardous events like natural disasters and disease outbreaks.
Self-swab tests will be available to individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria, in addition to age guidelines. Patients must register in advance at CVS.com beginning Friday, May 22 to schedule an appointment. Patients will be required to stay in their cars and directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window where they will be provided with a test kit and given instructions, and a CVS Pharmacy team member will observe the self swab process to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
Testing will not take place inside any retail locations, and CVS Pharmacy, HealthHUB and MinuteClinic will continue to serve customers and patients.
The new testing sites in Indiana include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 4444 West State Road 46, Bloomington, IN 47404
- CVS Pharmacy, 13090 Pettigru Drive, Carmel, IN 46032
- CVS Pharmacy, 609 North St Joseph Avenue, Evansville, IN 47710
- CVS Pharmacy, 6279 East State Boulevard, Fort Wayne, IN 46815
- CVS Pharmacy, 10170 Illinois Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46804
- CVS Pharmacy, 770 East Dupont Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
- CVS Pharmacy, 130 East Cleveland Road, Granger, IN 46530
- CVS Pharmacy, 336 South Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- CVS Pharmacy, 1299 West Southport Road, Indianapolis, IN 46217
- CVS Pharmacy, 2320 Cunningham Road, Indianapolis, IN 46224
- CVS Pharmacy, 9550 Allisonville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46250
- CVS Pharmacy, 5925 East 71st Street, Indianapolis, IN 46220
- CVS Pharmacy, 9805 Geist Crossing Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46256
- CVS Pharmacy, 8330 Crawfordsville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46234
- CVS Pharmacy, 1030 Arlington Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46219
- CVS Pharmacy, 7240 E 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46256
- CVS Pharmacy, 14835 Sunny Dell Lane, Noblesville, IN 46060
- CVS Pharmacy, 13085 Tegler Drive, Noblesville, IN 46060
- CVS Pharmacy, 670 Margaret Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47802
- CVS Pharmacy, 3280 East State Road 32, Westfield, IN 46074
- CVS Pharmacy, 1466 West Oak Street, Zionsville, IN 46077
A complete list of CVS Pharmacy Drive-thru test sites can be found here.
More information on steps CVS Health has taken to address the COVID-19 pandemic, including support for health care providers and clinicians facing financial and administrative strain, is available at the company’s frequently updated COVID-19 resource center.
For downloadable COVID-19 testing media assets, including photos, video and interviews with CVS Health executives, please visit the Media Resource Center.
About CVS Health
CVS Health employees are united around a common goal of becoming the most consumer-centric health company in the world. We’re evolving based on changing consumer needs and meeting people where they are, whether that’s in the community at one of our nearly 10,000 local touchpoints, in the home, or in the palm of their hand. Our newest offerings – from HealthHUB® locations that are redefining what a pharmacy can be, to innovative programs that help manage chronic conditions – are designed to create a higher-quality, simpler and more affordable experience. Learn more about how we’re transforming health at https://www.cvshealth.com.
Charlie Rice-Minoso, (773) 610-7100
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cvs-health-opens-21-new-drive-thru-test-sites-in-indiana-as-part-of-nationwide-covid-19-response-301063404.html
SOURCE CVS Health